Ways to overcome exam stress and prepare well
One of the most crucial and important milestone in the career of Indian students are class 10th and 10+2 board exams, and they are often described by parents and students as “life-changing”. With pre board and board exams around the corner comparisons, parental expectations and peer pressure are major concerns for students attempting their board exams.
In this scenario it is very important for students to overcome their fear, remain stress free and enthusiastic about exams. Parents and student can mutually work to create a new atmosphere of self-belief, and confidence.
Tips for students to prepare well and remain stress free before exams:
- Regular and quick revision: Practice writing your answers
- Make notes using flowchart and diagrams
- Make short notes which you can carry with you and revise on regular interval.
- Sometime study in group with friends and explain your answer to others.
- Practice on old exam papers.
- Give yourself enough time to study and take regular breaks, to prevent mental fatigue, take a short break as soon as you notice your mind is losing concentration.
- Think positive and talk to people about your concerns
- During study break a brisk walk in fresh air is really rejuvenating
- Take adequate sleep and maintain a regular sleep pattern.
- Eat healthy food rich in Vitamin and protein and ensure to remain hydrated by plenty of water intake.
Tips for parents to help their child cope up with examination pressure:
Parents need to help their children understand examinations as an opportunity to prove their ability and worth and transform their stress in to zeal.
- Be around your child, parental unconditional support works wonders for their mental health and confidence.
- Help your child with their preparations, discussing and understanding and helping them with their concerns will help them cope up with stress.
- Avoid comparing your child with others.
- Stop Nagging about studies all the time.
- Avoid any distraction in home for kids during preparation days.
- Keep a check on your kid’s time-table; it should be realistic, with adequate breaks.
- Ensure your child sleeps well and eats healthy.
- Talk positive, recognize your child’s strength, remind them about their capabilities time to time, appreciate their efforts and make them feel loved.
- Your time and attention, love and trust will help your child deal with examination stress and perform better.
Olseva.com wishing all aspiring students the very best for upcoming pre-board and board exams!!
Main Service Category
BEAUTY & HAIR
CAR RENT/ REPAIR/WASH
DOOR STEP DELIVERY
ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICAL
HEALTH & FITNESS
HELPER DRIVER GUARD CHEF
HOME REPAIR & CONST
LAWYERS / CHARTERED ACCOUNT
MAINTENANCE & REPAIR
MOTORS - FOR BUY SELL
MOVER PACKER COURIER
ONLINE LESSONS (CLASSES)
PARTY & EVENTS
PARTY HALL - BIRTHDAY / CORPORATE / MARRIAGE
PAYING GUEST/ SERVICED APT
PRINT, DESIGN, STATIONARY
PROPERTY ADS - RENT, BUY, SELL
SECOND HAND GOODS
VAASTU, ASTRO, PRIEST